Antioxidants are substances that reduce, neutralize, and prevent the damage done to the body by free radicals. Free radicals are simply electrons that are no longer attached to atoms. Antioxidants are the naturally occurring nutrients found in certain fruits and vegetables. They’ve been proven to protect human cells from oxidative damage and provide:
- Anti aging of cells and overall body
- Greatly reduced incidence of all cancers
- Glaucoma and macular degeneration prevention
- Reduced risk of cholesterol-oxidation and heart disease
- Stronger immunity and resistance to flues, viruses and infections
Although breathing oxygen is essential to life, oxygen can also be your worst enemy. It starts a process in your body called oxidation, which is the formation of free radicals.
The oxidation of metal is a good example. Iron gets old and rusty, aluminum is bleached an ugly white and copper turns an “aged” green. Something similar happens when your body is exposed to air, light and poor nutrition. Free radical oxidation damage is the primary cause of aging (rust and corrosion). It’s as harmful and destructive to your body and brain as corrosion is to your car.
Thank you for read "Antioxidants Health Benefits" ^_^
Read More Article: