The state of Ohio was once called ground zero of the foreclosure crisis and now has a new problem at hand Bedbugs!
Cincinnati had the dubious distinction being tagged as the worst city for blood-sucking pests in the United States and Columbus wasn't too far behind coming in at third on the list for calls to have bed bug calls from January – April 2011.
Things in the Cleveland area aren't too much better, either. According to the press release by Orkin, the Cleveland market, which also accounts for the Akron and Canton areas, had the 12th most treatments by exterminators.
Here is the list for the trouble spots of bed bugs in the US.
3. Columbus, Ohio
6. Washington, D.C.
7. New York
8. Dayton, Ohio
11. Lexington, Ky.
12. Cleveland/Akron/Canton, Ohio
13. Las Vegas
14. Richmond/Petersburg, Va.
15. Hartford/New Haven, Conn.
16. Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.
17. Buffalo, N.Y.
19. Los Angeles
20. Boston/Manchester, N.H.
21. Omaha, Neb.
23. Albany/Schenectady/Troy, N.Y.
24. Cedar Rapids/Waterloo, Iowa
26. Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville, N.C.
27. Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Battle Creek, Mich.
28. San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose, Calif.
29. Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
30. Phoenix/Prescott, Ariz.
31. New Orleans
32. Des Moines/Ames, Iowa
33. Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney, Neb.
34. Seattle/Tacoma, Wash.
36. Charleston/Huntington, W.Va.
37. Charlotte, N.C.
38. Louisville, Ky.
39. San Diego
40. Norfolk/Portsmouth/Newport News, Va.
41. Sioux City, Iowa
42. Tulsa, Okla.
43. Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
44. Austin, Texas
45. Ft. Wayne, Ind.
46. Colorado Springs/Pueblo, Colo.
47. Syracuse, N.Y.
49. Davenport, Iowa/Moline, Ill.
50. Salt Lake City, Utah